tryna be great

2/14/2018

Thursday

ehh I still have to work to become more confident in myself. my tennis lesson with my new student went well but I have to become more comfortable around people. my student had a great time and the parents seemed content with our progress but inside I felt the pressure. I did everything well, had a great plan that represents me. It was unique. I got someone, my student, who has never played a sport requiring hand eye coordination to be able to rally back and forth over the next within an hour. the parents were happy enough to ask me to quickly exchange prices and "details" for continuing on. I did everything right, a good job.

but inside I definitely felt awkward upon starting, I lost focus continually throughout the lesson; in part because my student advanced far faster than expected but also because my mind kept wandering. I thought about what else I needed to do today, I thought about how the mom thought of my way of teaching her child, I just wasn't focused. I felt the anxiety too honestly, and I hate that feeling. I want to be confident.

I just need more interaction with people. as a 23 year old man, I don't know how to approach another "kid's" parents, hell I feel like a kid myself when really I still am. at the same time I have to settle down and handle my business, I have to take action with my responsibilities.

I handled this entire opportunity well but I still want more, I want to be better and I will be better. I wanted and did to some degree make these people understand that they have my sincerest care and trust when they work with me. it's not just I "teach" the student and the parents pay me; no, I don't operate like that.

I would not allow myself to be like these full time working coaches of your everyday country clubs or tennis facilities that just feed balls and watch over their students not even making much progress at all. with any kind of educational stuff, everything I'm involved in (all aspects of my business and life) I'm in the business of going out of business. I don't want my students or their families to feel as if they need to keep doing lessons with me to allow me to make my life; no.

If I can no longer provide value to my student then I will unfortunately but fortunately have to pass you along to someone who can. I don't want "free" money. If you wanna support me and support what I'm doing there will always be other ways to do so but I will never just rob people of their money. I don't just teach tennis for the money. I have excelled within the game, and it has greatly changed my life (video on this story coming soon to my YouTube channel so stay tuned) and I just want to help people to have this same change.

teaching tennis isn't even a passion of mine, I honestly see myself creating a digital product soon for education or even a course and just using that as my method of giving back with tennis. I am more concerned with what it can do for you, change your life for the better.

anyways guys if there's anything you take from this just understand that at least for me, the value you provide to people is most important. nowadays, generally in our culture, that value is taken for granted as people are discontent with their jobs, people are becoming less sensitive regarding this stuff and other people, and things just aren't as good as they can be. but they can always get better

thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. WOW... so old 23 years lol
    And no you are not a little child . When I read this you make me smile. Always so direct and spontaneous writing. Really I Love to read your blogs.
    You're the best my dear friend. Do what you wanna do and what mekes you happy. And remember take your time and don't rush..it's gonna be fine .
    When I write this it is here Thursday 15 february: Happy Valentine's day my dear friend! Thanks for reading ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liana I try my best to have a sense of humor with the posts and am glad to know that at least you enjoy them :)
      I want to do big things and be able to help my family and friends such as yourself and I will. Happy Valentines day to you also, I hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

never lose

What are you going to do for the rest of your life?

Scheduling is key