entrepreneur in the making pt.2

12/22/17

Welp, as to be expected I forgot to give you guys the second post yesterday. Thankfully I didn't forget to come back and post today although I honestly had the thought of just watching videos and doing research on my phone once I got home, and I don't have much experience working from my phone so we definitely would not have had a post for today. But that's okay, I'll continue on with the business topics here in today's post.

So we have a few business models in mind, see yesterday's post if you haven't. I will either take the route of having my niche/products in mind and ready for Shopify store launch in the first part of January 2018 or I will begin buying products in bulk here locally and attempt to do e-bay reselling. Those are the two best options I have right now although I'm still watching videos and researching the steps to selling with Amazon FBA as well as the "correct way" to do affiliate marketing.

I'm currently an Affiliate for Amazon, Clickbank, and one other digital marketplace however I have not had 1 sale in affiliate marketing. Now, I haven't done much to put my links in front of people. I tried promoting my links in facebook groups for a while and I even tried using free advertising sites which supposedly were getting decent amounts of traffic regularly to no avail. As for selling on Amazon, I myself have now successfully sold 3 items over the internet in my lifetime. A college fiction book and 2 tennis rackets. I personally have found it easier to sell on e-bay over Amazon. All three of those items I've sold I had listed on both Amazon and e-bay simultaneously yet nothing has ever sold for me on Amazon. I even tried selling a few more of my college textbooks on Amazon's market but still no sales so I've shied away from using their marketing to experiment and learn. That's pretty much why I'm considering e-bay over Amazon as well as the fact that there is a such thing as an e-bay reseller. These are people that literally apply the buy low sell high concept to their daily routines and make their living through e-bay entirely.

But as for Amazon FBA which involves never seeing the products, ordering them from the manufactures in China, I have my hesitations with the shipping process. But I will have to obviously get over this anyways since it's the same method for getting products into your Shopify store. If you guys don't know too much of what I'm referencing, make sure you're subscribed to my YouTube channel as that's where I'll be providing much of the educational stuff on topics like this.

Anyways 2017 is almost over, crazy. Here I'll give you guys a glance into my entrepreneur life through my spreadsheet which I have yet to fully develop. I'm gonna show you guys my major profits/expenses for the year not going into much detail but I honestly don't have much money either coming in or going out currently so there's not much to see. 2018 will be different :)

Rough estimations but pretty much sums up everything for the year.

Profits
Merch: $100
ACAC (my job): fluctuated over 2017; I remember making $200 a month, currently only making $100 a month.
Surveys: $50
Summer job (over 3 months): $4,500
tennis lessons etc: $600

Expenses
HP Envy laptop: $800
   Laptop carrying case: $20
Car stuff, yay: $200 for a windshield, $100 for a cabin air filter
Canon Powershot SX730 hs: $399
   You're a true follower if you remember the camera I traded in after owning for less than a month to get this one.
Marketing & Advertising: Less than $100, maybe around $50/60

Yeah so as you can see I am balling on a budget lol. So many people always refer to me, or used to at least, as one who always had a little extra money. I also remember being a popular guy and getting the occasional compliment lol, had to throw that in there. But I'm mentioning this to say no, obviously I am not living largely at all. Rather I am very selective with how I spend my money, how I spend my time. Right now I have to be this way to achieve any sort of success that I desire so badly, I'm wasting so much time, energy, and most importantly money on this college thing that I can't afford to play around.

Anyways guys, hopefully this information helps and is interesting. Thanks for reading, let's continue to grow and keep moving forward.

See you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

never lose

What are you going to do for the rest of your life?

Scheduling is key